Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Taco Seasoning...without MSG!

I told a friend the other night I would get this recipe to her, and then I thought you might enjoy it, too.  I buy all the seasonings in bulk, then mix about 2 cups worth and store in an airtight container.  I do not care for the cumin in the recipe, so I do not include it.

For about 3 Tbs., or the equivalent of a .25 oz package from the store:

1 Tbs. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Garlic powder (I've also used salt)
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt

Mix together in bowl...and you're done!  Just like the packets from the store, you may want to add a small amount of water to your meat with this mix.

In terms of healthy eating, one small change at a time can make a difference-in your wallet, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment